Starting a Franchise
If you’re a highly motivated individual interested in building a business that can help you achieve financial success and personal fulfillment, consider becoming a Kumon Franchisee. Now is the perfect time to get started. Take the following steps to see if becoming a franchise owner is right for you.
- Next, fill out and submit the application. A Kumon Franchise Recruiter will review your application and contact you for an initial phone interview to cover the basics of owning a Kumon Franchise.
- Kumon Franchise Seminar
- Next, you will attend a Kumon Franchise seminar. Attending a seminar will bring you closer to realizing your goal of becoming a Kumon Franchisee and will clearly answer questions that you may have about Kumon. Seminars are held monthly for your convenience, please ask your Franchise Recruiter about a seminar near you.
- Interviewing Process
- After the seminar, your Kumon Franchise Recruiter will contact you to walk you through the entire franchise process and conduct a more extensive interview with you.
- Financial and Background Check
- Kumon conducts credit, criminal and national sex offender registry background checks, as well as financial assessments for prospective franchisees. Your financial assessment is done to ensure that you can meet the financial obligations required for the initial investment and startup costs, which are lower when compared to other franchise businesses. Potential franchisees are required to complete an FBI fingerprint background check prior to attending Kumon’s training program.
- Initial Training
- Once approved, you will complete two four-day segments of classroom training. During the nine weeks separating the two classroom trainings, you will complete additional hands-on training. The training covers the Kumon Curriculum and lesson planning, as well as business and center management strategies for successful center operations.
- Franchise Agreement and Center Opening
- Once all training requirements are complete and the center location has been approved, Kumon will take the appropriate steps toward offering you the Kumon Franchise Agreement. Once you’ve signed your Kumon Franchise Agreement, our dedicated staff will help you prepare your Kumon Center for opening.
This information is not intended as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy a franchise. We offer franchises solely by means of our Franchise Disclosure Document. Certain states and foreign countries have laws governing the offer and sale of franchises. If you are a resident of one of these states or foreign countries, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with all applicable legal requirements in your jurisdiction.